Monday, January 17, 2011

Fire Opals 2

The fire opal technique has been around for a while but thought I would revisit it yesterday.
I learnt the technique from Amber at lampworketc
It is made using Double Helix Glass, 'Ekho' over silver foil.

I find it  a challenge to repeat the same/similar colour range, yes I know Practice, Practice, Practice!
I will do a little more tonight!

Fire Opal Beads






Fire Opal Beads


Capped & Cored Fire Opal Beads







Copper Capped Large-holed Bead














































The other exciting news I wish to mention is I have been teamed up with my Bead Soup Blog Party buddy.
Her name is Grace and you can see her work at her blog,

Suddenly Last Summer


Please check out her blog, Grace makes gorgeous pearl and silver jewelry.
I am thrilled to be paired with her, it will be an exciting challenge for me to work on something for her, especially after seeing her lovely pieces.

Cheers for now,
Jenni


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...