Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Home Stretch.

Hello dear friends,

Sorry my blog is becoming the weekly I Heart Macro post.....I have had illness in my family and it has both consumed my time and energy....hence my infrequent posts! Sorry...will try and step up a little!

I have been slowly getting these metal bezels together...popped them in the patina today ( I used Liver of Sulphur Extended Life Gel. I find this very easy to use...only a teaspoon is required...and although still a little smelly it is not as bad as the hard form. It works quickly and in my opinion gives a good result.
I still have to put the images in to the bezels ( at least I have them ready!) and then pour the resin over them...so, if all works out and they look ok..I can show you in a few days or so.

Lovely brass filigree ( from Vintage Jewelry Supplies ) soldered to copper and attached with flat wire rivets, tube rivet for stringing.

Quirky pendants with mixed metal. A process learned from on-line course with Deryn Mentock
and Sharon Tomlinson  which has been a fun and fabulous course with so many talented participants.

Today I am linking up to I heart Macro...head on over for a look at some inspiring up close and macro photos.

studio waterstone

Click on the above photo to take you straight there!
Hope you are all having a great weekend...thanks for stopping by...and see you soon,

Jenni

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Jenni your bezels are looking great, the patina really gives them the wow factor -can't wait to see them finished. Hope the family health issues are sorted soon.

Libby Leuchtman said...

Wow I am in love with those. Very cool. Best wishes to your family.

Kathleen said...

Oh, these pendants are marvelous! I can't wait to see them when they are finished. Best wishes for your family member's speedy recovery.

Therese's Treasures said...

Jenni, Those are so cool I really like the rusticness of them. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
Therese

Snazzy Doodle Designs said...

Jenni, those bezels are wonderful! So much interesting detail. That class looks like it would be a lot of fun to take. When someone in your family is ill, it does take a lot out of the people who care about them. Take care of yourself and I hope they get well soon. I can't wait to see your finished pieces!

The Artful Diva said...

The pendants are fabulous. What will be inserted into the framed area?

CraftyHope said...

Oh Holy Cow!! Those bezels are just fabulous!! Keep up the good work.

I hope the family illness is getting better and either way, you and yours are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenni, so sorry to hear that you are going through stormy times. You are in my thoughts and prayers. LuciB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...